Laduma Ngxokolo and Chivas Regal South Africa are launching an initiative that is aimed at empowering South African design entrepreneurs who have limited resources to grow their businesses, by sharing design business knowledge with them. The focus of the initiative is to empower design entrepreneurs with knowledge to get them to build their businesses faster; create employment opportunities for themselves and others, to confront the increasing 25% unemployment rate challenge in South Africa.
Laduma has made himself available to speak to and engage with fifty hand-picked designers for a full day, once a month across five major cities in South Africa: Port Elizabeth, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban and East London. The 1st workshop will start in Port Elizabeth on the 25th of February 2017, then the rest of the other cities will follow each month in the following order:
East London - 29th July
Laduma has successfully penetrated the international fashion market and stunned the world with MAXHOSA knitwear. Like many struggling emerging entrepreneurs, Laduma grew up in difficult social circumstances, and has gone through the struggles of starting a business with limited finance and insight. From his experience in his specialist field, he understands the struggles design entrepreneurs encounter and felt that he needs to share his design business experience with talented South African entrepreneurs.
• Should have an existing brand/business or credible idea
• Shows passion and understanding of their specialist field
• Must be a struggling entrepreneur or at least facing business growth challenges cause by limited access to resources.
Please email all required information below to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Written/recorded motivation of why you should be part of the initiative
• Up to 5 product images of your work
Attendance is FREE.
Terms and conditions
• Chosen individuals must be available on the day of the talk: Saturday, 25 March (from 9:30am - 6pm).
• Discussions and views made at the talks can be used as case studies by Maxhosa by Laduma
For more information please call us on: 0114921532
Application deadline: Wednesday, 26th July 2017 at 6pm
PORT ELIZABETH EDITION
CAPE TOWN EDITION